Go Down

Topic: Every so often I am stunned by a post. (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

GoForSmoke

Sometimes, it's brilliant like Morris Dovey's unsigned division routine.

But more often it's something that should should earn automatic, possibly life-time Tea Party membership and I can't think of anything like an appropriate, helpful, reply. I could say more but just thinking about it... no, uh-uh, it's just too much and not in a good way at all.

I find it harder to express logic in English than in Code.
Sometimes an example says more than many times as many words.

cr0sh

Sometimes, it's brilliant like Morris Dovey's unsigned division routine.

How about a link to this...?

But more often it's something that should should earn automatic, possibly life-time Tea Party membership and I can't think of anything like an appropriate, helpful, reply. I could say more but just thinking about it... no, uh-uh, it's just too much and not in a good way at all.

...and one here, too - we could all use a good laugh (or cry), I suppose...? :D
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

GoForSmoke

I dunno where Morris' thread is now and I don't want to put names on the others. How many people do you see who can send and receive C string arrays who can't figure out WTH a char array actually is?  Of course that's the time they get taught to use C++ String objects by educated folk and once again I am even more amazed.

I find it harder to express logic in English than in Code.
Sometimes an example says more than many times as many words.

NI$HANT

I hope my Posts aren't making you swing  :smiley-mr-green:
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

????? ???? !

cyberteque

Hate to break it to you man, but...

It's the effing syntax!

Arduino is my first "C" like language, I normally use assembler, Forth, Python, Pascal or Pascal like languages.

You know, languages that are readable!

I run Debian, not Ubuntu, since Woody or Potato, can't remember which came first, I was amazed at how many languages came with the 3 and then the 7 CD install.
Stuff I had only read about, like Chill, Ada, Oberon, Modula.

How many of my posts here have started with,
"Can I do this in Arduino or do I have to go to assembler"?

One of the problems is the basic information is pretty damn basic.
Since I bought "Programming Interactivity", "Making Things Talk", "Building Wireless Sensor Networks" things have gotten a bit less confusing.

So go on, be smug, but it just makes you look like an ass.

8)

Go Up