Go Down

Topic: Slotcar speed controller with display and electronic memory project (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic

backbone

Altough the exponential power curve adding looked to be simple I am still working on it with help from other members here.
What I achieved in the meantime is regenerative breaking.

Normally when you like to break the car to reduce speed dramaticly you have to release the trigger to its zero position so the brake FET is switched on.

If you reduce speed by releasing the trigger the motor will have less internal braking and still carry high speed.

Now when you release the trigger and the speedValue is lower as the previous speedValue the brakes are ON and Speed FET OFF until the speedvalue of the trigger is level or higher again. This way you brake much later and does not have to release the trigger to full brake section. In the end this would save time and lower the lap time.

More to come

Paco
Never to old to learn and I learn every day

backbone

Did some more programming and added the QAB Quick Access Buttons for speedstart, speedcurve and brake on the controller handle.
The four red buttons are for the menu navigation.
Ordered BTS6143 fets ( High side smart N-channel fet) for the speed side and regular logic level N-channel fet for the brake.
Still a long way to go............... :smiley-sweat:

Paco
Never to old to learn and I learn every day

backbone

Two steps further.

Breadboard stage has gone and we have a working prototype ready to use.
The upper DIY MEGA shield contains the 4 buttons for the MENWIZ menu navigation and 4 indication LED's.
Two fets for speed and brake rated at 8 AMP continous mode each at the top of the shield.
Also the BT module is connected and working.
Wireless BT connection with the previous made Visual basic program is working too.
Next step is to communicated with the SMARTPHONE by BT and control en view the settings from there.

Paco
Never to old to learn and I learn every day

backbone

Update  :)

We are now a long way since the start but we are making progress.
We swapped the handmade controller handle for a ready to buy version.
The potentiometer who was giving eratic values during testing is replaced by a linear hall sensor and a 10x10x4 mm neodyne magnet.
The 6 six buttons for 3 selectable main functions up and down now have 4 neighbour buttons which control the menu navigation.
The cable to the Mega is a ripped USB cable with "+", "-" and the analog values wires for the hall sensor and the menubuttons which work on an analog port too.
In the picture all looks to be connected but the Mega the display and the button board are mechanical seperated still.
More to come.

Paco
Never to old to learn and I learn every day

backbone

An other step.
We are currently wireless connected from conroller to the LAPTOP PC by BlueTooth.
This is only one direction communication.
PC screen shows all available settings in realtime.
The power curve screen also shown in realtime.
Now we like to set the controller by the PC screen in the other direction.

Paco


Never to old to learn and I learn every day

Go Up