Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How to install UNO Rev3 board with Arduino IDE 1.0  (Read 1316 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

How to configure a new UNO Rev 3 board with a new install of IDE 1.0.  The tools>board menu has a Arduino UNO selection but the drivers folder has BOTH ARDUINO UNO.INF and ARDUINO UNO REV 3.INF?  There is no entry in the tools>board menu for REV 3.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

How to configure a new UNO Rev 3 board with a new install of IDE 1.0.  The tools>board menu has a Arduino UNO selection but the drivers folder has BOTH ARDUINO UNO.INF and ARDUINO UNO REV 3.INF?  There is no entry in the tools>board menu for REV 3.

The .INF files are just used to set up the proper PC USB driver to support the Uno board revision you are using. The Arduino IDE board selection doesn't care what revision level Uno board is being used, the one Uno selection will support all Uno revision levels equally.

View Profile

Thanks for clarifying how the IDE functions for all versions of UNO.  How to I install the correct UNO R3.inf?  Do I manually use the control panel>hardware>device manager>update driver to re-install the UNO R3.inf?  And if I do that, how can I get my FTDI driver back to run my Duemilanove on the same computer?

Edison Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Thanks for clarifying how the IDE functions for all versions of UNO.  How to I install the correct UNO R3.inf?  Do I manually use the control panel>hardware>device manager>update driver to re-install the UNO R3.inf?  And if I do that, how can I get my FTDI driver back to run my Duemilanove on the same computer?

If you installed it correctly the first time, it should be fine forever. But yes, that sounds like the correct way to reinstall the drivers. As for the FTDI drivers, your computer is smart enough not to try to run your mouse driver on a webcam, so it's smart enough to run your FTDI driver on a duemilanove and the other driver for your uno. It should "just work." If it doesn't, post back.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: