Go Down

Topic: Official Ethernet Shield crashes (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

SurferTim

Feb 26, 2012, 05:18 pm Last Edit: Feb 26, 2012, 05:22 pm by SurferTim Reason: 1
That, or check the router log. I don't use Cisco. I use Mikrotik. They both perform about the same functions. You might want to check your router's arp table also. How does it see the Arduino?

edit: Might want to check your dhcp leases also while you are in the router. Did the dhcp server lease your mac address an ip?

elQuero

Well, I have a Dlink SOHO device, and his log is very difficult to understand, so i've setup a test with Wireshark. I've tried to first send an UDP Packet with a fixed IP, and i can see packets in Wireshark. Then i've tryed to test the DHCP procedure and in Wireshark i can't see any DHCP packet.

For be sure i've tryed to listen to another PC and perform a "ipconfig /renew" comand and i've seen some packets.

SurferTim

If it helps, I just tried my Mega2560 and ethernet shield on both a network with a dhcp server, and one without. The response was exactly as I expected on both. The dhcp issue was within a couple seconds. The fail took almost a minute.

elQuero

So i could think that there is a problem in my DHCP server and I should try to set up another server and see if there is a DHCP request?

SurferTim

I don't know. I can't check your router from here.

If the router is a SOHO DLink, then you should be able to see the dhcp settings and leases in "Network Settings" in the router setup. See if your mac address is there.

Go Up