Go Down

Topic: Arduino Mini Programming Problem (Read 508 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello. I'm new to the arduino but I love it. I bought and programmed an arduino uno. Everything was exactly what I wanted. I then recently purchased an arduino mini 328. I cannot program it correctly with arduino 1.0. I am trying to connect it to a LCD and Keypad. The keypad works correctly but the LCD does not. I originally tried programming it with TX to TX and then switched RX to TX and it worked the exact same. I am using the Arduino MiniUSB adapter to connect it via usb on the breadboard.

I can program it if I use the arduino uno as the board. If I use the arduino mini 328 board in the program I get:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

or

avrdude: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

Do I need to reburn the bootloader? (I'm assuming that this will clear out what is in the memory and start new)
Is the chip corrupted?

I'm at a loss because I am very new to microcontrollers and I had such a great experience with the Uno that I want to learn and do more.

Thank you in advance.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy