Go Down

Topic: 28 Pin IC Sockets Available (Read 2004 times) previous topic - next topic

rtadams89

I needed a handful of IC sockets, and it ended up being more economical to order a "lot" of them from China than a few individuals. I now find that I have way more sockets than I will ever use, and am hoping I can help someone else out who needs them. I've got 15 total that I don't need and am willing to sell them for $1 a piece + shipping (about $2 per package).

As I have more than I need, and am interested in helping out the community, I'm willing to negotiate any reasonable price.

WizenedEE

Sorry, I think digikey has you beat:
http://search.digikey.com/us/en/products/4828-3004-CP/3M5480-ND/1133633

CrossRoads

Lots of places have them for less. 

http://www.king-cart.com/phoenixent/product=SOCKETS+DIP+IC+STAMPED/exact_match=exact

HWS9039
28 PIN .3" ROW SPACING (A=.300")
DIP IC SOCKET
STAMPED DUAL WIPE            <<< inexpensive stamped socket
LOW PROFILE OPEN FRAME
SOLDER TAILS
.1" PIN SPACING
$0.088

HWS2117
NUMBER OF PINS: 28
.3"ROW SPACING(A=.300")
MACHINED DIP IC SOCKET    <<<<< Better quality socket
GOLD PLATED CONTACTS
TIN PLATED TAILS
.1" PIN SPACING
BLACK INSULATOR
Hi-Rel Screw Machine
Open Frame DIP Sockets
$0.576

Really comes down to what you want to pay for shipping in small quanties:

"Subtotal: $0.58 
Handling: $6.00 
Total before shipping and sales tax (if applicable): $6.58

For orders under $50.00 a handling charge is added.
Handling does not apply for orders over $50.00, please increase quantity or add new items as needed."

So $2 for a single socket is not bad.
If one is like me tho, I just bought > $50 in new sockets & pins & headers & stuff, so I got the lower price & no shipping.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

rtadams89

Like I said, I'm willing to negotiate any reasonable price.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy