Go Down

Topic: Knock problems (Read 552 times) previous topic - next topic

I have searched around for the answer for this for quite a while now and can't find an answer.
I am using the basic knock sketch and schematic provided on the arduino site but the value read in is always 0 and doesn't register a knock no matter what I try.

I have tried two piezos with no luck and this is the one I am trying currently http://www.taydaelectronics.com/buzzers/piezo-electronic-tone-buzzer-alarm-1-5-28v-pcb.html.
I have it wired with the 1M ohm resistor in parallel like it says but it just won't work. Can I get some help with what might be wrong.

Grumpy_Mike

So you don't give us a lot to work on. Other people have got this to work, so it must be your implementation. Post a photo of your setup and post the exact code you are using.

MarkT

You have to use a bare piezo element, not a buzzer (a buzzer is a powered oscillator circuit that drives a piezo element, you are not connecting to the element)
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

@grumpy_mike. How have I not given enough information? I have wired everything correcty according to the schematic but when I try it out it won't detect a knock or any noticable change. And the code is the exact code from the arduino site also included in the software so no need to post it.

@MarkT. I don't think this is true. I might be wrong and correct me if I am but I have seen lots of people implement similar piezo buzzers into a knock sensor without a problem.

Grumpy_Mike

I have wired everything correcty according to the schematic

You may think you have wired it up correctly but are you sure?
I have lost count of the number of things I have made that dosn't work first time. I thought I had wired it up right but in the end I had not.
If it doesn't work something is wrong, if you deny that anything is wrong you will never find the problem.

Anyway your choice.

I know something is wrong haha and I'm not denying it:P I honestly don't think it is the wiring though because it is a really simple circuit :S

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy