Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: dead uno  (Read 788 times)
WV
Arduino, Helps With the ADD
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Well it apears that mine has  died smiley-sad . a crappy part is i'm not even sure why. It was sitting idle, came back and it would no longer show up in a com port , not on other computers eather ( but still is lite up properly). So the question is there any way to track down wether its just the ATMEGA328 or another supporting circuit on board with just metering? If it turns out its just the ATMEGA I may just Order another and replace the chip, I just wouldn't want to have another fail from something on board, that i could have easly troubleshooted.
Any thought would be awsome smiley

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

Remove the ATmega328.  If it appears as a COM port, the ATmega328 is bad.  Otherwise, it is something else.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

WV
View Profile

hmm and if it does not , then the USB controller is Dead ? then eather its replace the board, Possable add a USB mini, or use a ethernet controller ?
wonder if any simple way to test if its just the controller with what i have avaliable .

WV
View Profile

ok i have purchased another UNO (wa hoo) . Here is the new question if I take the older ATMAGA329P-PU off and install it on the newer UNO I recieve the error "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" . It does display the RX light but not the TX light. So the questin is, Is the chip done or does it require a new initialization , rebooted as it were ? The only difference on the chip is the ( i think) the manufacure date Older one 1107 newer one 1127 if its like other chips week and year date.
Any thoughts ?

Edit:
 I did do

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,73748.0.html

and did get a echo back
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:00:35 pm by woody_unreal » Logged

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

You could try to re-burn the bootloader.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

WV
View Profile

never done one yet -- this should be fun smiley

WV
View Profile

anyone think that the Arduino Ethernet Shield Would bypass the communication error ?
only reason i say that is currently this machine doesnt have a parallel port to try the BootLoader.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:47:01 pm by woody_unreal » Logged

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

1.  Ethernet shield does not allow for programming, so I don't see what that would provide you.

2.  You don't need a parallel port.  You have an Arduino Uno.  Use that as the programmer for the other chip.
http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP

WV
View Profile

dang smiley "NOTE: Currently, you cannot use an Arduino Uno as an ISP programmer because the optiboot bootloader does not support this sketch. A revision for this is in progress"

Hmm guess ill have to try something different smiley

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

That's out of date.  The Uno works fine.

WV
View Profile

o well what a shame smiley-sad
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
Guess that chip is down for the count smiley smiley-sad
i tryed the programming.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: