Go Down

Topic: Advice on my 'Coaster' project (Read 379 times) previous topic - next topic

Here's a quick clip of the little 'roller coaster' I'm working on. Hope this is the right place to ask.
http://s386.photobucket.com/albums/oo309/waxburger/target%20pics/?action=view&current=30e0f94e.mp4
I could use some advice about a couple   things;  I'd like to use a bigger servo on the lifter, and I'd like to connect it to the lifter using levers and bellcranks,  pushrods etc. to give it more 'Rube Goldberg-ness', I'm still researching this on some Radio Control forums, but anything anybody  can add to the mix is appreciated.
I'd also like some opinions on a device/circuit  to trigger the servo when a ball lands in the lifter.  Photodiode?  Hall effect sensor? I'm open to all suggestions.
Eventually this coaster will be mounted  on a base with room for expansion and used to prototype new 'complications' (spiral tracks, loop-the-loops, trapezes etc) for other coasters.  Thanks all!

PeterH

It looks as if you are using metal balls, so perhaps you could arrange a 5V wire that was shorted to the chassis via the ball?
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy