Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Bootloader Source - Where is it hiding?  (Read 1723 times)
South Texas
Edison Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

There is a good chance its me, (and it was...)But where can I find the source for the bootloader? I am looking at modifying a bootloader for a different clock rate and I think I have found the byte that needs changing, but I would like to look at some source code to make sure.

It would also let me put useful labels to the code I have disassembled in AVRStudio4.

Thanks -

Okay - I found it on github.

Now - How about the loader source for the Arduino-Tiny collection of bootloaders?

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 05:29:25 pm by kf2qd » Logged

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

in your arduino install directory, there is ...hardware/arduino/bootloaders
Some bootloaders have newer versions on github/etc, but the arduino install should be a good starting point.

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

Now - How about the loader source for the Arduino-Tiny collection of bootloaders?

The what?

South Texas
Edison Member
View Profile

Arduino Tiny is an add-on for Arduino that has the description files for some of the Tiny series chips. I found it looking for a way to program the ATtiny2313.

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

I believe that "Tiny" doesn't actually use a bootloader.  In the 1.0, you program your chips with Shift-upload, which uses an external programmer to do the actual programming.  The files in the bootloader directory are called "empty", and are placeholders to allow fuse burning or something, but I don't think they're actual bootloaders (now, if only they LOOKED like empty files!)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: