Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: newbie question - shield compatability  (Read 361 times)
india
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello all,

after following various awesome micro-controller projects done using audrino i have
finally decided to take the plunge and get my hands dirty ! smiley-grin

I have bought audrino uno rev 3 recently and would like to know if the ethernet shield
sold here (http://www.rhydolabz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=152_151&products_id=493) is
compatibile with uno ?

as a general question, what is the best way to tell if a shield is compatible with a particular board.

i do apologize if this question is too broad or too easy ... everything seems not so obvious to me right now :S

thanks for the help !
ankit

View Profile

If the manufacturer says its compatible, then its probably is. It should work with your uno. You should still call and confirm this with rhydo. They have good presales support.

The only time you can bump into a problem is when you use one of the larger arduinos like the Mega which have analog and SPI on different pins thus making them non compatible.

india
View Profile

thanks ! i will do just that then.

best regards,
ankit

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

Unless it is sold from Arduino.cc, or is an official shield listed on the hardware page, your only option is to believe what the seller tells you.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.c

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: