Go Down

Topic: LCD JHD 162A, semi-working ? (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

liudr

If your contrast is not changing when you turn your potentiometer, you need to check your potentiometer. Connect your potentiometer wiper to analog pin 0 and run this:

Code: [Select]
void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
}
void loop()
{
Serial.println(analogRead(0));
delay(200);
}

If your reading on the serial monitor goes from 1023 to 0 when you slowly turns the pot, you have a working pot. Anyway, you have not told me what value of pot you are using. The suggested value is 10-25K ohm. I've used 100K ohm once and it worked ok, the contract is just not very stable.

StrickieZ

no I turned the contrast all the way up and all the way down to see if there was anything on the screen but nothing apeared ? and the contrast works fine

floresta

no I turned the contrast all the way up and all the way down to see if there was anything on the screen but nothing apeared ? and the contrast works fine

This doesn't sound right.  Typically something does appear at one of the extremes and this will happen even with the Arduino totally disconnected.  If it doesn't, then the contrast does not work fine.

What exactly was the difference in the display when the contrast was all the way up compared to all the way down?

Also, how do you define up and down?  Typically the lower voltage (lower as in down) results it the highest contrast (highest as in up).

I'll try again.  What were the results of your voltage measurements?

Don

liudr

What were the results of your voltage measurements?[/color]

Don

I want that too!!

Go Up