Go Down

Topic: Dealing with standby (Read 372 times) previous topic - next topic

breadman

I want an Uno to keep running no matter what a Mac does, and occasionally connect to it.

I've read that this causes a reset, which can be prevented by removing something that I couldn't find a picture of.

But what about the computer going to sleep? There should still be power, so will the sketch continue?

PaulS

I want an Uno to keep running no matter what a Mac does, and occasionally connect to it.

I've read that this causes a reset, which can be prevented by removing something that I couldn't find a picture of.

http://arduino.cc/playground/Main/DisablingAutoResetOnSerialConnection

But what about the computer going to sleep? There should still be power, so will the sketch continue?

Time to do some testing, I think. Load the blink sketch, and see what happens when the Mac snoozes.

breadman

Thanks! The capacitor does prevent reset and the LED kept blinking on a sleeping computer.

I looked at the code for the 16U2 (it's rather short so I probably missed some files) but couldn't find any handling of USB power events.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy