Go Down

Topic: AVR Studio 4 & mkII & ATMEGA328P-PU & UNO board R2, boot loder doesn't work? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Dear all,
I am a new user of arduino MCU. I already tried to read from many post but still not clear, and how to solve it.
My problem is, I need to burn UNO bootloader to a blank of ATMEGA328P-PU using AVR S studio 4, and mkII and put the blank of 328P-PU on  UNO development board R2.

what have it already tried
1. I used AVR Studio 4 and mkII burning the bootloader to a blank of 328P-PU which pluged on UNO board. Using the hexfile from   ....hardware\arduino\bootloaders\optiboot  (optiboot_atmega328.hex)

2. Everything went fine. AVR Studio shown that evething ok. (when finished burning I saw led on pin 13 blinking three time or when I reset on UNO board, led blinks 3 time as well.

3. After that, I used the ARDUINO IDE (tried on 22,23, IDE 1.0)  to upload a simple sketch (led blink ), selected  tools> board> Arduino Uno.

4. The sketch can compile but when I upload it shown the error   

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
                                                        avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51
I am not sure, what should I do or I did something wrong. Please anyone help me.
1.This is (optiboot_atmega328.hex ) the corrected file for making  UNO boot loader on ATMEGA328P-PU.

2.I am not sure, need to modify some info on "boards.txt"?
Thank you somuch.

Can you email me the hex file for the atmega328p-pu bootloader please ?

using AVR S studio 4,

As a guess, you haven't set the 328p fuses correctly.  The fuse settings are NOT included in the .hex file; you'll have to set them separately...

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131