Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: AVR Studio 4 & mkII & ATMEGA328P-PU & UNO board R2, boot loder doesn't work?  (Read 982 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Dear all,
I am a new user of arduino MCU. I already tried to read from many post but still not clear, and how to solve it.
My problem is, I need to burn UNO bootloader to a blank of ATMEGA328P-PU using AVR S studio 4, and mkII and put the blank of 328P-PU on  UNO development board R2.

what have it already tried
1. I used AVR Studio 4 and mkII burning the bootloader to a blank of 328P-PU which pluged on UNO board. Using the hexfile from   ....hardware\arduino\bootloaders\optiboot  (optiboot_atmega328.hex)

2. Everything went fine. AVR Studio shown that evething ok. (when finished burning I saw led on pin 13 blinking three time or when I reset on UNO board, led blinks 3 time as well.

3. After that, I used the ARDUINO IDE (tried on 22,23, IDE 1.0)  to upload a simple sketch (led blink ), selected  tools> board> Arduino Uno.

4. The sketch can compile but when I upload it shown the error   

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
                                                        avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51
I am not sure, what should I do or I did something wrong. Please anyone help me.
Questions
1.This is (optiboot_atmega328.hex ) the corrected file for making  UNO boot loader on ATMEGA328P-PU.

2.I am not sure, need to modify some info on “boards.txt”?
Thank you somuch.

View Profile

Can you email me the hex file for the atmega328p-pu bootloader please ?

Thanks

robertquaas@163.com

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

using AVR S studio 4,
Why?

As a guess, you haven't set the 328p fuses correctly.  The fuse settings are NOT included in the .hex file; you'll have to set them separately...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: