Go Down

Topic: DIY MIDIVOX circuit and midi to CV sketch not working properly....:( (Read 904 times) previous topic - next topic

Mubase

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone out there has attempted building a MIDIVOX circuit or uses the MIDIVOX for Midi-CV conversion. I have succesfully built the basic Midivox midi to cv circuit on a Protoshield and have had it working. It outputs the trigger voltage for the Gate input of my synth module (V trigger) and it is possible to play MIDI notes on my midi keyboard and the analogue module plays notes. However, there is a problem:
When I upload the midivox 1v/oct sketch to the arduino and press a key on my midi keyboard, the trigger goes High and stays there. This can only be remedied by uploading another sketch ( which is the MIDI to Gakken sketch by Mr.Book ) and then re uploading the midivox 1v/oct sketch. Then it works????!!??? Very strange... But if I disconnect the power from Arduino and reconnect later, or if I press the arduino reset button, I have to go through the whole process of uploading the MIDI to Gakken sketch and then the Midivox 1v/oct sketch all over again??? Could it be a problem with the serial port???
I hope you understand my explanation.....
and can help...
Any help or support would be seriously appreciated,
 Thanks and Mucho Arduino Respecto,
Steve.

Smooberry Dooberry.

Go Up