Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Stepper + Arduino  (Read 472 times)
Russia
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,
I have two Steppmotors (24 V, 2.8A) and I found recently this scheme: http://engraving.majosoft.com/index.html?menunr=5&sub=5&lnk=.
I am a newbie and I don't understand a lot of things, but is it possible to use such "controllers" with arduino uno and how to write a simple program fot it?

I thank in advance for any help.

Shannon Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

If you search you'll find the L297 is frequent choice for interfacing to, so should be some code examples.  That board uses a 297 to drive booster drivers by the look of it, should be powerful enough.

[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

South Texas
Edison Member
View Profile

How many wires on your stepper motors? If you have 4 wires you will need an H-Bridge style driver. If you have 5, 6 or 8 wires you can use MOSFETs (a bit simpler) and some resistors.

Croatia
View Profile

Why not 2 pcs. L293d and 2 steppers from scrapped matrix printer? The cheapest solution!

Russia
View Profile

Thx for your replies.

Well, I have two steppers with four wires on each. It mens that I have to do two circuits. But I don't really understand which pins of L297 I need to connect to Arduino. That's why I need some help...

South Texas
Edison Member
View Profile

Go to your favorite search and do a search for L297 datasheet. Download it and study it. It has the answers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: