Go Down

Topic: Stepper + Arduino (Read 576 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi,
I have two Steppmotors (24 V, 2.8A) and I found recently this scheme: http://engraving.majosoft.com/index.html?menunr=5&sub=5&lnk=.
I am a newbie and I don't understand a lot of things, but is it possible to use such "controllers" with arduino uno and how to write a simple program fot it?

I thank in advance for any help.

MarkT

If you search you'll find the L297 is frequent choice for interfacing to, so should be some code examples.  That board uses a 297 to drive booster drivers by the look of it, should be powerful enough.
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

kf2qd

How many wires on your stepper motors? If you have 4 wires you will need an H-Bridge style driver. If you have 5, 6 or 8 wires you can use MOSFETs (a bit simpler) and some resistors.

Sale

Why not 2 pcs. L293d and 2 steppers from scrapped matrix printer? The cheapest solution!

Thx for your replies.

Well, I have two steppers with four wires on each. It mens that I have to do two circuits. But I don't really understand which pins of L297 I need to connect to Arduino. That's why I need some help...

kf2qd

Go to your favorite search and do a search for L297 datasheet. Download it and study it. It has the answers.

Go Up