Go Down

Topic: Stepper + Arduino (Read 604 times) previous topic - next topic

wolfenhound

Hi,
I have two Steppmotors (24 V, 2.8A) and I found recently this scheme: http://engraving.majosoft.com/index.html?menunr=5&sub=5&lnk=.
I am a newbie and I don't understand a lot of things, but is it possible to use such "controllers" with arduino uno and how to write a simple program fot it?

I thank in advance for any help.

MarkT

If you search you'll find the L297 is frequent choice for interfacing to, so should be some code examples.  That board uses a 297 to drive booster drivers by the look of it, should be powerful enough.
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

kf2qd

How many wires on your stepper motors? If you have 4 wires you will need an H-Bridge style driver. If you have 5, 6 or 8 wires you can use MOSFETs (a bit simpler) and some resistors.

Sale

Why not 2 pcs. L293d and 2 steppers from scrapped matrix printer? The cheapest solution!

wolfenhound

Thx for your replies.

Well, I have two steppers with four wires on each. It mens that I have to do two circuits. But I don't really understand which pins of L297 I need to connect to Arduino. That's why I need some help...

kf2qd

Go to your favorite search and do a search for L297 datasheet. Download it and study it. It has the answers.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy