Go Down

Topic: I have a 128x64 LCD and dont know where to start! (Read 617 times) previous topic - next topic

Bugsy_malone_666

Ok so I took a Flavia Coffee machine to bits that was being disposed of and pulled the display which turns out to be a varitronix MGLS-12864T, it seems to run on the T6963c chip. So I dug up that much info and had a bit of a surf and came across this thread: http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1256005929/0 which I had a look through and it provided me with some connectivity.

I have connected most of it to a breadboard, used the code on that page combined with the downloaded library but couldnt get it to work.

I do think I am missing something. The pinout is as follows

1 - FG (no idea what that is?)
2 - VSS (ground?)
3 - VDD (+5v?)
4 - V0 (?)
5 - WR
6 - RD
7 - CE
8 - c/d
9 - RST
10 -17 = DB0 - DB7
18 - FS (?)
19+20 - Backlight

So I connected as per the link however, other than having some connections I am not sure about theres the other issue of the fact it uses 8 digital pins and all 6 analogue!

So firstly my question is does anyone know how to wire this up and make it work, then the second part, is there a way to make it work but only use maybe 1 analogue/1 digital? I have seen the mention of serial comms for them, but dont really know enough!

I was trying to use some old junk use what other people had done as a base and play around til I got it to work, seemingly though I am missing some basic principles! In the end I would like to use my display to read out information from upto 6 analogue sensors, which I understand I could do using something called a multiplexer?

Help much appreciated!
Just tap the Red wire and the Black wire together and see if we get a spark, then well see if we got some power!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy