Go Down

Topic: AdaEncoder: a library for use with simple quadrature encoders (Read 5446 times) previous topic - next topic

Sleepydoc

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if it was something like that - a difference in perspective, rather than a bug.  I would have taken the approach that by returning a signed number, you give the program all the information it needs (direction and the number of clicks,) so just reset 'clicks' and let the original program deal with the additional clicks beyond the first one, but I can see your approach as well - If the program is slow enough that multiple clicks occur between queries, than it's probably slow enough for your concerns to be an issue.

For my purposes, I doubt it will be an issue, and if it is, it won't cause any problems anyway.

Thanks for writing such a useful library!

GreyGnome

Announcing version 0.8-rc1 of the AdaEncoder library. See http://code.google.com/p/adaencoder/

In this release, I have simple changed the license to the Apache-2.0 license. I also am using Git so the source is on Github, and I'm using Bintray for the zip file downloads. See the Google Code website (linked above) for more details.

Enjoy.

-GreyGnome

Go Up