Go Down

Topic: Flex sensor recommendation (Read 996 times) previous topic - next topic


hi all,

I'm wondering whether I could draw on the collective experience for a recommendation?

I need to monitor flex over a range of around 20 degree - assume one end is stationary and the tip had been displaced over a range of 20 degrees.  The length of the sensor should be between 10 - 15 cm.  I would like to be in a position to provide an accurate representation of how the flex sensor is being flexed over the length of the sensor.

Shout if I need to explain this more clearly!!


[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]


Mar 01, 2012, 05:22 pm Last Edit: Mar 01, 2012, 07:43 pm by Funkymonkey Reason: 1
Thank you - my issue isn't finding a cheap sensor, it is knowing what the best one to buy for this purpose.   Reading things like this is helping: http://itp.nyu.edu/physcomp/sensors/Reports/Flex  But it is the point raised in this document that is my real concern: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-99400.html  i.e. they are difficult to read as an accurate reflection of any physical changes in the shape of the sensor.


Mar 04, 2012, 01:49 am Last Edit: Mar 04, 2012, 03:23 pm by Funkymonkey Reason: 1
I have found the piece of code that will correct much of the error problem and it appears flexpoint are the better sensor ...


Has anyone tried these: https://www.sensorprod.com/shoppingcart/home.php?cat=256


Go Up