Go Down

Topic: Missing digital signature for driver on Windows 8 (Read 157 times) previous topic - next topic

alejo8alau

qubit

It doesn't wok for me  :smiley-sad-blue: :smiley-sad-blue: :smiley-sad-blue:

I did all "Louis Davis" steps from 2 page.

My Arduino Micro and Arduino UNO detects as "Unknown device" in device manager
I click update driver then I select my driver location "D:\arduino-1.0.2\drivers\FTDI USB Drivers" or "D:\arduino-1.0.2\drivers"
after that I have this message:

I using Windows 8 purchased from Microsfot.
please help.

Dennuzzz

Thanks for pointing out this easy solution :)

MaKMaliCk

It doesn't wok for me  :smiley-sad-blue: :smiley-sad-blue: :smiley-sad-blue:

I did all "Louis Davis" steps from 2 page.

My Arduino Micro and Arduino UNO detects as "Unknown device" in device manager
I click update driver then I select my driver location "D:\arduino-1.0.2\drivers\FTDI USB Drivers" or "D:\arduino-1.0.2\drivers"
after that I have this message:

I using Windows 8 purchased from Microsfot.
please help.

I have been the exact seem thing you have been through ,but after I did what Louis wrote again ( idk if this is necessary :smiley-fat:) I made the following steps :

1] right-Click on "My Computer"
2]selected "Manage"
3]after that clicked on "Device Manager"
4]then Right Clicked on Your Arduino( From "unknown Devices" as I remember ^_^
(probably you already know about all these previous steps , But ... ;))

5]after ,don't click on "update Driver Software" or whatever it was, but instead CLICK ON "Uninstall" .. it should disappear after that
6]Plug out then re plug in your Arduino
7]then do the "update driver software" thingy
8]after that choose in the installing that 2sterednd option in that creepy red screen " install anyway" (I think you know this one too)

I really hope that this will work for as I have even registered in this forum just to post this help :smiley-mr-green: XD for you and
this random solution has worked for me today ;) ;)

mark75071

I was motivated to join the Forum just to post this:

Actually everyone, there is a much easier way past all of this. Just bypass the Digital Signature check built into Windows 8

Place the mouse in the lower right corner and chose SETTINGS
Select "Change PC Settings".... then GENERAL  ...... Go to the the bottom under ADVANCED STARTUP,  click RESTART NOW
Then select TROUBLESHOOT -------> ADVANCED OPTIONS --------> STARTUP SETTINGS and select RESTART
When the computer reboots, Press the key 7 for "Disable driver signature enforcement"

Now you can install any unsigned digital signature. Remember this process for any future installations also.

Go Up