Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Missing digital signature for driver on Windows 8  (Read 133622 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Thanks a lot!! It worked!   smiley-lol

Arduino rocks
View Profile

It doesn't wok for me  smiley-sad-blue smiley-sad-blue smiley-sad-blue

I did all "Louis Davis" steps from 2 page.

My Arduino Micro and Arduino UNO detects as "Unknown device" in device manager
I click update driver then I select my driver location "D:\arduino-1.0.2\drivers\FTDI USB Drivers" or "D:\arduino-1.0.2\drivers"
after that I have this message:

I using Windows 8 purchased from Microsfot.
please help.

View Profile

Thanks for pointing out this easy solution smiley

View Profile

It doesn't wok for me  smiley-sad-blue smiley-sad-blue smiley-sad-blue

I did all "Louis Davis" steps from 2 page.

My Arduino Micro and Arduino UNO detects as "Unknown device" in device manager
I click update driver then I select my driver location "D:\arduino-1.0.2\drivers\FTDI USB Drivers" or "D:\arduino-1.0.2\drivers"
after that I have this message:

I using Windows 8 purchased from Microsfot.
please help.

I have been the exact seem thing you have been through ,but after I did what Louis wrote again ( idk if this is necessary smiley-fat) I made the following steps :

1] right-Click on "My Computer"
2]selected "Manage"
3]after that clicked on "Device Manager"
4]then Right Clicked on Your Arduino( From "unknown Devices" as I remember smiley-kitty
(probably you already know about all these previous steps , But ... smiley-wink)

5]after ,don't click on "update Driver Software" or whatever it was, but instead CLICK ON "Uninstall" .. it should disappear after that
6]Plug out then re plug in your Arduino
7]then do the "update driver software" thingy
8]after that choose in the installing that 2sterednd option in that creepy red screen " install anyway" (I think you know this one too)

I really hope that this will work for as I have even registered in this forum just to post this help smiley-mr-green smiley-lol for you and
this random solution has worked for me today smiley-wink smiley-wink

View Profile

I was motivated to join the Forum just to post this:

Actually everyone, there is a much easier way past all of this. Just bypass the Digital Signature check built into Windows 8

Place the mouse in the lower right corner and chose SETTINGS
Select "Change PC Settings".... then GENERAL  ...... Go to the the bottom under ADVANCED STARTUP,  click RESTART NOW
Then select TROUBLESHOOT -------> ADVANCED OPTIONS --------> STARTUP SETTINGS and select RESTART
When the computer reboots, Press the key 7 for "Disable driver signature enforcement"

Now you can install any unsigned digital signature. Remember this process for any future installations also.

View Profile

I was motivated to join the Forum just to post this:

Actually everyone, there is a much easier way past all of this. Just bypass the Digital Signature check built into Windows 8

Place the mouse in the lower right corner and chose SETTINGS
Select "Change PC Settings".... then GENERAL  ...... Go to the the bottom under ADVANCED STARTUP,  click RESTART NOW
Then select TROUBLESHOOT -------> ADVANCED OPTIONS --------> STARTUP SETTINGS and select RESTART
When the computer reboots, Press the key 7 for "Disable driver signature enforcement"

Now you can install any unsigned digital signature. Remember this process for any future installations also.
but that what Louis has suggested from the very beginning of this post smiley-roll-sweat smiley-sweat , and it wasnt enough for some of us , Thanks Anywayz Bro! =D

[oh! and one more thing , check the post right above yours , it includes ur ways pluz some other extra steps from me smiley-grin

View Profile

Googling this issue got me here:

A solution that doesn't require disabling digital signatures and it works for me, though ofc if your arduino has a melt-down from this I'm not liable...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 06:08:16 pm by ChrisGBG » Logged

oak ridge, TN, USA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Thanks two million !

I verified that it works on Leonardo and Win 8.

Windoze, why do I not love thee?

View Profile

Turning off the digital signatures for Win8 worked like a charm.  I'd gotten Arduino Uno for my son for Christmas and was anxious to get it working.  Thank you sooooo much for posting this solution.  My son will be very happy!

View Profile

Hi, I got an Arduino Uno yesterday and was trying to install the driver on Windows 8 64-bit.
I got the same certificate message as everyone and after trying Louis' method, I was able to install the .inf through right-click>install. However the Arduino is still not recognized by the IDE. When going to Device Manager, the Arduino is listed as USB-Serial Controller under Other Devices (I know that's the Arduino because when I disconnect it, this device disappears).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: When trying to "Update Driver Sodtware" from Device Manager and pointing to the drivers folder, I simply get :Windows could not find driver software for your device"

View Profile

This vide explai how to disable signature check for drives in windows 8

View Profile

Has there been any progress on a digitally signed version from Arduino?  I am running Windows 8 and can't install the driver!  I don't fancy messing about with my security settings to solve this...... 

View Profile

Related to this, I want to use my Mega 2560 as a slave device with a PC (in a Robot) with Windows 7 64 bit.  The problem is that every time I reboot the PC, the Arduino is not recognized, unless I manually unplug and re-plug it in.

Anyone have any suggestion how to fix this?  Obviously pressing F8 at each reboot is not an option.
I want the Arduino to turn the PC off while it is "sleeping", and turn it on again to wake up... but it does not see the Arduino!

Can we just get the driver signed, please?

Thanks!

View Profile

I have come up with an alternative method to install the Arduino drivers on Windows 8.
This method does not require new driver files or installation of a test signature.

1. Windows Key + R
2. Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
3. Click the "OK" button
4. System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
5. Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
6. Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
7. Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
8. Click "Restart" button
9. System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
10. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
11. Once the system starts, install the Arduino drivers as you would on Windows 7

View Profile

Thanx dude ... it worked for my arduino  smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Jump to: