Go Down

Topic: Missing digital signature for driver on Windows 8 (Read 160974 times) previous topic - next topic

donitel

I'm still getting an error that the device is:

(This device cannot start. (Code 10) - A request for the USB device descriptor failed.)

I got pass the driver verification and successfully installed it, but something doesn't seem to be working right! It has been two days that I'm trying to get my arduino to even blink...

any help please :(

donitel

Thanks to Louis I found that Code 10 meant I was using an old USB cable, all I did was buy a new one and now it's running beautifully!

NormSohl

I had read that Win8 was going to be tougher regarding unsigned drivers.  Thanks for going through the hassle needed to make this work!

boardworks

Thanks for sharing!  I'm trying to access this menu using Windows 8 Release Preview on my Samsung 7 Slate.  When I arrive at the screen to select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement", nothing happens.  My USB keyboard isn't registering, is there something I'm missing re: how to access this menu item?  Thanks in advance for your help!

zymo

Thank you so much for the detailed process. It really saved me a lot of time :)

perhof

Thanks Louis for sharing the signed inf and certificate.

Has there been any word on the official approach to this problem?
Disabling driver signing, creating your own signing certificates and manually installing root certificates can hardly be in line with Arduino's image of being an "easy to get started with" platform.
Windows 8 is just around the corner now.

Nick Gammon

Maybe if you alert them on the bug reporting site.

They can't really be expected to support an unreleased operating system.
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info:
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

sgat0005

Thanks very much Louis Davis, your solution worked perfectly on Windows 8 Professional. Thanks!

eried

This is only for Windows 8 x64?

I was trying to replicate the issue to add the fix to my modded package but it works perfect in a virtualized Windows 8
My website: http://ried.cl

Go Up