Missing digital signature for driver on Windows 8

Thanks a million! :slight_smile:

thanks louis................

This is only for Windows 8 x64?

I was trying to replicate the issue to add the fix to my modded package but it works perfect in a virtualized Windows 8

This workaround is for Win8 x64.

Thanks for your work Louis! I've successfully installed the driver for the Arduino Uno on Windows 8 RTM (64 bit). But I recently bought an Arduino Ethernet (not the shield) and an Arduino USBSerial adapter, which I can't get installed. Should your files work for this combination too?

Additionally, Windows 8 is going to launch on October 26 for the general audience. Does anyone has an idea if the drivers are getting signed? Or do we need to keep working with this work-around?

Many thanks!
J

If you use the steps outlined here:

You can use the original .inf files included with 1.0.1.

Thanks Louis, I found this post already (and applied the steps successfully). But from an "end-user" perspective, having to go through these steps is quite difficult and tedious. :frowning: You know if the goal is to have the drivers signed properly so the installation is smooth?

Thanks again,
Jan

Same here thanks a ton!

When I try to install, I get the message "Windows was unable to install your Unknown Device"
But it finds the folder that the driver is in automatically.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Jubiiii it worked.

Perhaps a Little trickiy, but it doesen't matter.
I Wonder why I didn't have the same trouble with my FTDI.
Never mind.

Best regards

Pjotr

Thanks Louis - your strategy worked like a charm. Hopefully the Arduino team can add that driver digital signature before too many boards are sold.
Cheers, Jim Lynch

Fellas, i've tried everything. 2 different arduino uno boards, 2 different computers (Win7x64 and Win8x64), a dozen of goddamn usb cables, all kinds of drivers (including the ones by eried), USB 2.0 as well as 3.0 - this bitch still giving me "device cannot start error 10". Played around with com ports, baud rates and whatnot. Driver is getting installed and and device appears as Arduino Uno in device manager but it DOESNT WANNA START. My condition went beyond frustration - it's despair now. What should i do?? Is there a one 10000% working way??? Both boards seem to be working properly (green LED on and orange flashes sometimes). Should i get a different brand of board (mines both are OSEPP, Uno R3 Plus)? Should i run XP from a USB and try to work on it..? I need a definite answer please...

noxep,

The OSEPP boards are not exactly the same as Arduino UNO boards. You can't use the Arduino supplied driver .inf files with those boards.

The OSEPP boards use the FTDI chips for USB/Serial communication.
You can get the latest FTDI drivers from this location:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Louis, thanks a lot man!I got the latest drivers and now everything is working fine:)

boardworks:
Thanks for sharing! I'm trying to access this menu using Windows 8 Release Preview on my Samsung 7 Slate. When I arrive at the screen to select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement", nothing happens. My USB keyboard isn't registering, is there something I'm missing re: how to access this menu item? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey, The same thing is happening to me also with the 7 Slate. I guess it's a hardware issue of some sort. I even tried using different keyboards and got nowhere. Unless there is a way to do it through the command prompt, then we're in trouble.

My Arduino UNO R2 works great in Windows 8 Pro.

Thanks a lot, for all !

My steps:

0)Install IDE and change driver port as shows: http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/UnoDriversWindowsXP
1)Restart Win8 then run pressing F8 for "Disable Driver Signature " like here Missing digital signature for driver on Windows 8 - #14 by LouisDavis - IDE 1.x - Arduino Forum
2)Log out from any user account (even if administrator privvileges etc.) and log as main Administrator account (create new or Turn on from Win 8 Control Panel if Admin disabled)
2)Install this: Arduino Forum
3)Connect to other USB port.
4)Run as admin then rejoyce :smiley:

I,m using simple USB white cable from printer.
Official Arduino 1.0.2 IDE start now properly.

My first day with Arduino 8)

aaaabastek:
2)Log out from any user account (even if administrator privvileges etc.) and log as main Administrator account (create new or Turn on from Win 8 Control Panel if Admin disabled)

Why did you have to enable the Administrator account?

Thanks!!!!!!!! for the information!!!

Thanks a lot!! It worked! XD

It doesn't wok for me :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

I did all "Louis Davis" steps from 2 page.

My Arduino Micro and Arduino UNO detects as "Unknown device" in device manager
I click update driver then I select my driver location "D:\arduino-1.0.2\drivers\FTDI USB Drivers" or "D:\arduino-1.0.2\drivers"
after that I have this message:

I using Windows 8 purchased from Microsfot.
please help.