Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Platform and motors  (Read 819 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi

I've been making a lot of different Arduino projects, but i haven't made a robot before. Therefor i want to make my first.
I got some questions:

1) I've found different platforms like this one, but i want to make the platform myself. Is that possible? Which material should i use?

2) There is a lot of different motors out there (Stepper, Serve, DC). What is the different between these motors?? I assume i should use DC Motors?? If yes, how do i attach a wheel to the motor??

Any other i should know??

Thanks! smiley

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

Is that possible?
If you can buy it, you can make it. With the right materials, tools, and know-how.

Which material should i use?
What do you have the tools, and skills, to make a platform out of? Use that material, then.

What is the different between these motors?
Hardly anything. And everything. Which to use depends on what you want it to do.

I assume i should use DC Motors?
DC motors are generally easier to use than A/C motors, because DC batteries are easier to get than AC batteries, and they weigh less.

If yes, how do i attach a wheel to the motor??
Drill a hole through the wheel and the motor shaft. Put a cotter pin through the whole and bend the ends over.

Definitely.

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

1) I've found different platforms like this one, but i want to make the platform myself. Is that possible? Which material should i use?

Since you have asked such a basic question, you are probably better off just buying a kit or completed unit to get started.

Yes, google is your friend. Lots of robotic sites, sellers, and forums you can research for basic learning and info. Also lots of different DIY robotic projects on youtube that might be of interest to you for your first project.

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

Gosport, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Just as an example of doing it yourself, this was posted here recently: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,72607.0.html.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: