Go Down

Topic: A couple of interesting sites I found out about... (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

I found these sites while exploring a link I posted for another thread here on the forums (http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,85335.msg706562.html#msg706562).

The first one concerns an in depth exploration of robotic arm design, simulation, control, and fabrication; the individual behind this site really impresses me with what s/he accomplished. All source code, etc are released - the only issue for me (as a "stupid American") is the fact that the site is in Spanish; however, Google Translate helps greatly here. The author covers advanced topics like IK and the Bresenham algorithm, and presents the code in FreeBasic/QBasic (if you are familiar with them), as well as 3D simulators and such employing the concepts. There are a ton of videos, and even a set of PDF files/plans for crafting a robot arm. It is a really amazing site:

The second site was actually linked off of the above site; it seems to concern the design and construction of a small desktop CNC machine, controlled by a PC parallel port. Apparently, it was built by some kids for what appears to be a science or technology fair project (?); while no step-by-step design or plan is given, there is a ton of information shown on how to achieve something similar (like most homemade CNC sites), along with some programs, schematics, and maybe some source code (?). What appears to be a good discussion on G-Code is also given. Once again, this is via Google Translate (from Spanish):

Enjoy, and I hope you find it useful, or at least interesting!
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131