Go Down

Topic: Arduino Apple Remote IR library issues (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

robert24

Hello,

I came across this little project which interested me - more for the side of using my arduino to control my mac rather than the prank.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Simple-Mac-prank-using-Arduino/?ALLSTEPS

I have added the AppleRemoteSender library to /Documents/Arduino/library and tried the attached source codes but when compiling I get the following errors;

In file included from FST9XQUG6MPN3MJ.cpp:1:
/Users/Rob/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AppleRemote/AppleRemoteSender.h:43:22: error: WProgram.h: No such file or directory
In file included from FST9XQUG6MPN3MJ.cpp:1:
/Users/Rob/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AppleRemote/AppleRemoteSender.h:60: error: 'byte' has not been declared
/Users/Rob/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AppleRemote/AppleRemoteSender.h:62: error: 'byte' has not been declared
/Users/Rob/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AppleRemote/AppleRemoteSender.h:64: error: 'byte' has not been declared
/Users/Rob/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AppleRemote/AppleRemoteSender.h:64: error: 'byte' has not been declared
/Users/Rob/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AppleRemote/AppleRemoteSender.h:65: error: 'byte' has not been declared
/Users/Rob/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AppleRemote/AppleRemoteSender.h:67: error: 'byte' has not been declared
/Users/Rob/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AppleRemote/AppleRemoteSender.h:70: error: 'byte' has not been declared
/Users/Rob/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AppleRemote/AppleRemoteSender.h:73: error: 'byte' has not been declared
/Users/Rob/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AppleRemote/AppleRemoteSender.h:76: error: 'byte' has not been declared
/Users/Rob/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AppleRemote/AppleRemoteSender.h:79: error: 'byte' has not been declared
/Users/Rob/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AppleRemote/AppleRemoteSender.h:82: error: 'byte' has not been declared
/Users/Rob/Documents/Arduino/libraries/AppleRemote/AppleRemoteSender.h:87: error: 'byte' does not name a type

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks

dxw00d

How much research did you do before asking us? I only ask, because the answer to this question, which is asked here every couple of days, is in the release notes (http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ReleaseNotes) for the version of the Arduino IDE that you are using.

robert24

Apologies, obviously not enough! - Thankyou for the link, problem solved.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy