Go Down

Topic: Launch4j error - IDE won't start - Please HELP!! (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic

Louis Davis

Are you able to launch the IDE by entering the following command from a command line?

C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\java\bin\javaw.exe -Xms128m -Xmx128m -classpath "lib;C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\java\lib\tools.jar;lib\pde.jar;lib\core.jar;lib\jna.jar;lib\ecj.jar;lib\RXTXcomm.jar" processing.app.Base

If not, use the following command and reply with the output.txt file that is created:

C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\java\bin\java.exe -verbose -Xms128m -Xmx128m -classpath "lib;C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\java\lib\tools.jar;lib\pde.jar;lib\core.jar;lib\jna.jar;lib\ecj.jar;lib\RXTXcomm.jar" processing.app.Base > output.txt

mike1948

I tried to enter the first command as you suggested but I could not get an IDE.
I tried the second command and a window came up with data but it closed as soon as it opened.
I could not capture the contents.
I am using "Run" from the accessories folder and it will not take the whole command, it leaves out the "processing.app.Base>output.txt" portion.
I tried using the command prompt and typing in the whole second command but nothing happened at all.
Where would I expect to find the output.txt file?
Is there a way of capturing the window that pops up?

I am new at this.
Thanks for your help.
Mike

Louis Davis

You should be entering these commands from a command prompt.
The output.txt will be in the folder that you executed the command from.

The > output.txt at the end of the command will redirect all the output to this file rather than to the screen. This will make it easier to capture the output and post it here.

If you want to see if the command is executing anything, you can run the second command and leave off the > output.txt. You should see quite a bit of information show up in the command window.

mike1948

I did as you suggested and got an output file which I have attached.
Its quite big at 31K bytes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again.

Mike

Go Up