Go Down

Topic: Arduino Nano with SPI Daisy Chain (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hi to all,
First time posting here, I need an advice on the possibility to build a daisy chain with 2 or more SPI slave devices.

The master will be the Arduino Nano, with an RF24L01+ and a ISD 1790 connected to it.
I need a daisy chain to connect them because I haven't more pins available to do a separate slave select for each device.

There is any possibility to realize a daisy chain without having the control over the devices' software?

Other solution is using an Arduino Mega and a separate slave select line for each device. ;)

Thank you in advance.

Mar 05, 2012, 12:53 pm Last Edit: Mar 05, 2012, 01:04 pm by Graynomad Reason: 1
You can daisy-chain SPI devices under certain conditions like they are all the same and/or simple devices like shift registers and/or smart devices that can handle the data stream.

I'm not familiar with the devices you are using but I doubt it would be possible to connect them like that as they would have different requirements for the data written. Do they even have data outputs?

If you can spare a single extra pin you can use external logic to select between any number of devices by using a shift reg to provide the CS signals.

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Thank you very much,
i should be able to free 2 pins to do 2 slave select channels.

Thankyou again!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131