Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Why does Arduino work on Windows XP and not Mac OSX?  (Read 537 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi, I'm quite new to Arduino and was hoping for a little insight or a fix to this issue.

I'm running XP on a bootcamp partition on my macbook which has Mac OSX(10.6). I downloaded and installed Arduino 1.0  on both operating systems, and used the 'sweep' example from the Learning area.

On the Mac OSX(10.6) side, the example never compiles saying ' error: wiring.h: No such file or directory '

Where as on XP, there's no problem what so ever.

I followed the installation guides for both operating systems and this is still the case. Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Or has anyone worked out a solution?

Thanks!

Massachusetts, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

Arduino 0.22 and Arduino 1.0 have both worked just fine on my MacBook Pro under 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and 10.7 (Lion).

Are you running File->Examples->Servo->Sweep?  Are you accidentally using a 0.22 library with 1.0?

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

That error message is what you get when your libary and your arduino are at diffrent versions.
Nothing to do with the fact you have a Mac, it works on my Macs.

View Profile

Ahhh thank you!

My error was that I reinstalled Arduino.app but never deleted my old Arduino directory - apologise, super rookie mistake, thanks again smiley-sweat

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: