Go Down

Topic: Why does Arduino work on Windows XP and not Mac OSX? (Read 585 times) previous topic - next topic

robotturtle

Hi, I'm quite new to Arduino and was hoping for a little insight or a fix to this issue.

I'm running XP on a bootcamp partition on my macbook which has Mac OSX(10.6). I downloaded and installed Arduino 1.0  on both operating systems, and used the 'sweep' example from the Learning area.

On the Mac OSX(10.6) side, the example never compiles saying ' error: wiring.h: No such file or directory '

Where as on XP, there's no problem what so ever.

I followed the installation guides for both operating systems and this is still the case. Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Or has anyone worked out a solution?

Thanks!

johnwasser

Arduino 0.22 and Arduino 1.0 have both worked just fine on my MacBook Pro under 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and 10.7 (Lion).

Are you running File->Examples->Servo->Sweep?  Are you accidentally using a 0.22 library with 1.0?
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Grumpy_Mike

That error message is what you get when your libary and your arduino are at diffrent versions.
Nothing to do with the fact you have a Mac, it works on my Macs.

robotturtle

Ahhh thank you!

My error was that I reinstalled Arduino.app but never deleted my old Arduino directory - apologise, super rookie mistake, thanks again :smiley-sweat:

Go Up