Go Down

Topic: Looking for an author to write an Arduino book (Read 973 times) previous topic - next topic

maniacbug

Indeed...  I've been in discussion with a submissions editor at O'Reilly, they are pretty seriously cutting edge with the books they want to put out.  Apparently there's enough of a hard-core market to make it worthwhile.

retrolefty

Indeed...  I've been in discussion with a submissions editor at O'Reilly, they are pretty seriously cutting edge with the books they want to put out.  Apparently there's enough of a hard-core market to make it worthwhile.

Well I will keep an open mind on the matter. However those O'Reilly books tend to be on the pricey side? OK if a company is reimbursing one as a training expense, but if the book cost more then an arduino board then something doesn't seem right and compatible with the whole open source community spirit of the platform. Besides I've learned more about arduino specific stuff just hanging around here then any book is likely to offer?

Lefty

John_S

Does anyone even buy and read books anymore?

I just use google... for free! XD

robtillaart

Does anyone even buy and read books anymore?

yes, for me there is added value in a well written book, as reading on my phone is OK for one page but not for 2 hours in a train.

Agree the intenet is more up to date but I have googled many faulty code wrong texts incomplete explanations too. Same is true for books BTW :)

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

NI$HANT

Indeed...  I've been in discussion with a submissions editor at O'Reilly

Infamous: " 21 Days to Arduino "
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

????? ???? !

Go Up