Go Down

Topic: Stepper Motor Igoe Example (Read 550 times) previous topic - next topic

tros

Hi,
i am new to electronics, but i tried to get a good start with the "Physical Computing" book.  
I want to do the bipolar stepper motor example with h-bridge (it's also online: http://www.tigoe.net/pcomp/code/archives/picbasic_pro/000245.shtml ) with arduino, but i have some questions left:
- what all do i connect to ground, since i am using a external power supply for the motor:
only the arduino ground, or also the external power supply ground (do i have to use it at all, or only its positive connection)?
- i have got a 5017-935 stepper motor from scotts valley, it tells me dc 8.4 V, but i downloaded also its data sheet, and this tells me that its phase voltage should be 6 VDC???
- the code-example for the arduino tells me to use outputs 8,9,10,13 on the arduino(=inputs in h-bridge). Do they correspondend to the wires 1, 2, 3, 4 (yellow, white, blue, red) from the motor, that go to the h-bridge-outputs (that means input 1 in h-bridge should be d8 at arduino, and output 1 in h-bridge the yellow wire)

thanks for any help

tobias

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy