Go Down

Topic: Which packets I need to control digimesh (Read 577 times) previous topic - next topic

Suriken

Mar 07, 2012, 09:55 am Last Edit: Mar 07, 2012, 03:19 pm by Suriken Reason: 1
Hi!

I am creating some functions to create packets for digimesh mode (xbee series 1) because xbee library doesn't support this mode.

I have some doubts about wich packets I should control. I want some nodes to send data to one central coordinator. I created (not complete yet) transmit request packet and receive packet.

Transmit request I think is the packet sended by a node with data (sensor...). And receive packet is a packet created by central node saying: I received this data!

But if you have a look to the digimesh datasheet, many other packets appear: "modem status" "transmit status" " explicit Rx indicator" "data sample rx indicator"... "node identificator indicator"... and so on.

I want to configure a sleeping network. I have all parameters I have to set in xbee configuration but I don't know if I have to send also any packet to configure any other parameters in network or something like that... Do I have to send this kind of packets or they are automatic?

I want to know if I have to create more packets that 2 I already have.

Here you can find digimesh datasheet: http://www.digi.com/support/productdetail?pid=3524&type=documentation

Edit: I am thinking in how arduino could know transmitter address to make the ACK packet. I think I should add tx address to the packet before sending it, in that way I can read the tx address from the packet too. What do you think about it?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy