Go Down

Topic: Problem with connecting an LCD 16x2 (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

Yaro

Mar 07, 2012, 11:56 pm Last Edit: Mar 08, 2012, 12:07 am by Yaro Reason: 1
As title, i have a problem to connect an LCD 16x2 ( JHD162A ) to my Arduino Diecimila. I've used this guide for connection http://www.ladyada.net/learn/lcd/charlcd.html. When i power up my lcd seems to work all, i can change contrast with potentiometer, backlight work and logic(second line black squares) work too. But when i upload "HelloWorld" sketch( and update line LiquidCrystal lcd(7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12); ) LCD don't print nothing, i've tryed different sketchs but still does not work. I've checked connection and seems all to be right. Where can be the problem?

Yaro

Techone

Look at this line :

LiquidCrystal lcd(7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12);

LiquidCrystal(rs, enable, d4, d5, d6, d7);

Did you connect the pins at the right place ?   example : pin 7 to rs, pin 8 to enable, etc

The link is a standard LCD display. The LCD library should work. It work with me. I have IDE 022. And I have different LCD displays too, but the pins out are standard LCD display. As long the pins correspond to the pins inside the function, and the code is correct, it should work.   

woody_unreal

Dont forget the PoT ,, or you wont see a thing :)

Yaro

Look at this line :

LiquidCrystal lcd(7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12);

LiquidCrystal(rs, enable, d4, d5, d6, d7);

Did you connect the pins at the right place ?   example : pin 7 to rs, pin 8 to enable, etc

The link is a standard LCD display. The LCD library should work. It work with me. I have IDE 022. And I have different LCD displays too, but the pins out are standard LCD display. As long the pins correspond to the pins inside the function, and the code is correct, it should work.   

I've connected pins from 7 to 12 to lcd like in the guide, so yes. I need to add line LiquidCrystal(rs, enable, d4, d5, d6, d7); too?

Dont forget the PoT ,, or you wont see a thing :)

As i said, i have connected pot and power, and seems all working, i can change contrast with pot.

When i start arduino, lcd seems inizialize(for 1 sec the second row have black squares, after they disappear and lcd don't print nothing).

Go Up