Go Down

Topic: Arduino and Voltage Control of Electric Siren (Read 648 times) previous topic - next topic

carltesta

Greetings,

I have not yet used Arduino, but I am doing some research for a project that I would like to use Arduino for. I have a 12-Volt electric siren that I currently use by directly connecting it up to a 12-Volt Rechargeable Lead Acid Battery. The full 12-volts go to the siren and the siren moves at its fastest speed. What I would like to do is to be able to control how fast the siren runs using my computer. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas about how I could interface the arduino in-between the battery and the siren in order to control the amount of voltage that gets sent to the siren from the battery. In this way I am hoping to be able to control the speed(pitch) of the siren through the SuperCollider programming environment. I am wondering how much equipment might be needed so that I can get an idea on how much energy the project will take.

Thank You!
Carl

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy