Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: complex project, need advices  (Read 2929 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Thinking about it, still has quite a bit of work involved, mind. and will still need to be around the time signature. OK-ish for simple basic ones( 2/4,4/4, etc) quite more complicated to complex ones. Maybe best way is design an embeded metronome with a led, to solve the time issue.
as quantizing goes, you have to think about the division of the tempo, and you know how auto quantizing is prone to mistakes(live aint a good thing), So id probably just stick with the arpegiator side of it. what synth you have?!? Most can do quantizing themselves
Wouldnt it be much easier to define the tempo on the synth, and maybe have the arduino read the MTC ?!?!
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9595 maybe you can start with this for your tests and exxperiment/dev of the code, etc

10 LET Loop=Infinite
20 GO TO 10

View Profile

yes and no.
yes, i'll get this midi board off course.
but i'll start little by little.
i don't think it should be so complicated to solve any time issue. It's like leds blipping, but instead of one led, it's 24 leds, and all can be adjusted in intensity and individual lenght, more or less. But the essential resides in this :

sending current to led one, then sending current to led 2, then sending current to led 3 ( with a little variation of intensity, then etc, then start all over : send current to led one, etc ..

i think that adjusting the speed of this basic process is something programmable, and controlable with a knob in the end. then, it's all about the ear, that's all. no need to know that it goes at 53,000025 bps etc

the arduino will read with its sample rate the updates of values assigned to the different values that can be controled. that's all.

the difficult part although, to me, is how to make the arduino to record a serie of infos, to then work on it.

View Profile

This seems to be the perfect base for what you want to do. He has done a rotator but you can easy change it to arpergiate instead and also the rotator as well. Also ability to create patterns so its quite down the line you wanted innit ?
Uses the rugged midi shield http://ruggedcircuits.com/html/flexible_midi_shield.html

10 LET Loop=Infinite
20 GO TO 10

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Jump to: