Go Down

Topic: arduino mythtv remote (Read 537 times) previous topic - next topic

edk4971

hey folks,
I'm thinking about starting a new project and I have a quick question

I want to get the $14 RF modules from sparkfun and interface 1 to an arduino, and 1 to a computer. Is it possible to connect the receiver module directly to a serial port, or do I need to buy another Arduino to interface them with a computer?

The overall plan is to build a little enclosure for an arduino, with a bunch of buttons, the RF transmitter, and a rechargeable battery + charging circuit so I can plug it into a wall wart or build some kind of docking station. This will send commands to the RF receiver which will pass them onto the computer. The computer will have a little daemon running, listening to the serial commands, and forwarding them to the mythtv telnet interface. And if I can handle this fairly easily, I'll add one of the 2 LCD's I've got laying around that need to be put to use.

I'm not using lirc for three reasons, the box isn't physically located near the screen (projector and a long bit of cable) so I don't want to use IR, I hate lirc, and it's so much more fun to do it yourself :-)

Thoughts/feasibility?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy