Go Down

Topic: What parts/mapping for pressurized power? (Read 592 times) previous topic - next topic

Mar 12, 2012, 05:20 am Last Edit: Mar 12, 2012, 06:09 am by JungleMist Reason: 1
I'm going to build a manual water pump, equipped with color changing LEDs, and a matching harmonic output (speakers playing sounds) to the pressure. I want the LEDs to change color & the pre-recorded sounds vary, as the pressure changes in the pump.

What parts would I need? And what mapping would be necessary to read the pressure?

Also important, it has to be hand powered = no external power sources...

Any help is good help...

TNX!  :smiley-eek:
?

winner10920

That sounds pretty interesting, I've never seen such a device before tho so it'll be a little hard tonfigure out
Most devices like the ones on sink have a battery, although you could get a little generator that could power the device when water is flowing
However leds and mostly speaker draw a decent amount and I think that will be hard to achieve without a battery somewhere
Idk if there a way to generate power from just pressure, but probably the generating device will also be your sensor on pressure

Grumpy_Mike

You need a wave shield for the sound generation bit.

How will that work? I can't see a way other than solar power charging a battery.

winner10920

Especially because everything I know about power generation requires a change in something,  a constant pressure can't create power but a release of pressure can but I doubt you'd want to release the pressure from the pump for it to tell you that your pressure is going down

You need a wave shield for the sound generation bit.

How will that work? I can't see a way other than solar power charging a battery.

Good point, I think solar might be the way to go [for constant power]. thnx
?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy