Go Down

Topic: Using two DC Motor Speed controllers for revsable control (Read 501 times) previous topic - next topic

Cranium

I plan on building a Segway type vehicle this summer and started purchasing parts.  I have the motors, batteries and just got in the speed controllers.  Problem is.....I ordered the wrong speed controller and realized it 30 minutes after ordering it!  Let this be a lesson....Don't purchase from eBay late at night when you've had a couple drinks! lol

So I received 2 - 30A speed controllers that are not reversable.  So now I'm trying to think of how I can use these for my project or another project that may only require a single motor.  Can I use each of these to power a different direction with a diode on the output to protect it from reverse voltage/current?  Any other suggestions would be helpful.

I plan on building at least a couple different vehicles....segway like, balancing skateboard and perhaps a lawnbot.  So now just looking for a way to utilize these and not have to try to resell them.

Here is the auction link for the 2 controllers I received.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160375667766?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Thanks for your input!

thebfs

with some relay's /gearing you can make 2 single direction give you forward/back on two wheels. but id just get differentones and save those for  another project (assuming u got the capitol)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy