Go Down

Topic: Arduino Always flashes three times when I release the button. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Chris7777

Hello

I am very new to the Arduino, but not new to programming. My question is I am sure very simple and stupid, but when I load up the Digital>Button Example code and press the button it turns on while I am holding the button but when I release the button it flashes 3 times very quickly. I have tried Googling this problem and searching this forum with out finding an answer. Is it possible to stop the 3 flashes when I release the button?

Thanks
Chris

dxw00d

There is no debouncing in that sketch, so I imagine the button is bouncing. Try the Debounce sketch.

Grumpy_Mike

What button is this? Not the one on the board, that is a reset button and when released will flash.

Chris7777

Yes it is the onboard one, it is the only button I have right now. That would explain why some the examples always seem to run the setup method over and over each time I press the button.
Is there I way to disable the reset function of the button and just have it act like normal button? If not I will have to go buy some more parts tomorrow.

Thanks
Chris

dxw00d

Good spot Mike. I really hadn't considered that.

You can't re-purpose the reset button. It's hard-wired to the processor.

cjdelphi

Place a small capacitor (6v+)  if all you have is a bigger cap, try lowering the resistor.. or in place a delay after the first read of the button press, then delay(250); or so, but i'd throw on a capacitor for ease.

Grumpy_Mike

Yes you can disable it but then you can't use it for anything else.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy