Go Down

Topic: 230V Input check for Arduino? (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic

Nick Gammon

i like to "hack" an garage door and want to controll the door with a webbrowser.
For this i need to check the actual status of the Door.

Here's what I did:

Reed switch with a magnet attached to the door.

Story here:

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?;topic=58076.0

winner10920

They make industrial models of those contacts, ive installed them for alarm systems beforr, maybe worth searching for as that doesnt look like it will last long

mmoscz

Mar 19, 2012, 02:19 pm Last Edit: Mar 25, 2012, 07:07 pm by mmoscz Reason: 1
check this post http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1235146158/2
, using a PS2501 optoisolator, but  I changed C1 to 0,033uF and R1 to 12K ohms to 230V, I don´t use the bleender resistor.

It works fine to me...
4x Duemilanove (clone)
Uno torrado (clone)
Amiga 1200 40MB
Windows XP

da2001

Mar 25, 2012, 06:53 pm Last Edit: Mar 25, 2012, 07:09 pm by da2001 Reason: 1
i don´t like to check the position by magnetswitchs. I think this is a simple way, but not the best and exact way.
mmoscz version is more helpfull for me, so i can also see in wich direction the garagedoor is moving at the moment.
The Webserver can deliver the actual status of it and the iphone app will show the status :)

Btw. Its not the problem to switch the garage door. i only need a relay that can switch a 14v power, but its just a single button for move-up/stop/move-down.

@Constantin i thought it would be better to check the 230v outputs of the controller, instead of soldering in the original circuit. :)

jfhaugh

If you're someplace where 230 volts is the "standard" mains voltage, you should be able to find a relay with a coil voltage of 230 volts.  DigiKey or your local electrical supply house should have them.  Sorry -- I'm the States where the mains voltage is 120 volts.  And I know where to find relays with 120 volt coils :)

It sounds like what you really need is the position switch sensors other have mentioned.  Though what you =really= need to do is fully describe what you're trying to accomplish -- for my money, you need two sensors for the AC power and two for position.  There are five possible states -- traveling up, traveling down (that's your two AC sensors), closed and open (that's your two contact switches), and "stopped in the middle" (no AC, no contact closures).

Go Up