Go Down

Topic: Pin 13 problem on NG (Read 332 times) previous topic - next topic

Kirk

Greetings,
 I can not seem to be able to use pin 13 for any use other than the on board LED.  I read that tne newer boards have the LED disconnected.  Are there any tricks that I need to know to hook this pin to my motor controller (other pins work fine but I need 1 more line.)
According to the NG v4.0 schematic (how do I know if this is the right one for my board?) there are 2 470 Ohm resistors from the AVR to the header wth the LED between.
Should I wire pin 19 to the header?
What about ISCP? wll I need to disconnect my motor control to use it?
Thanks
Kirk

kg4wsv

The NG's LED is wired in such a way it clamps the voltage on pin 13 (to something just over 2V, IIRC). see this thread.

You can remove the LED (as on the later NG models), or rarrange one of the 470ohm resistors as I did.

-j

Kirk

Thanks, It is good to know that my analysis of the problem is correct, but I wonder why you connected the d13 header to pin 19 via a resistor instead of a jumper.
Kirk
PS Any tips on searching for this are welcome. I searched for pin 13 did not find the very helpful thread that -j references.

kg4wsv

but I wonder why you connected the d13 header to pin 19 via a resistor instead of a jumper.

I can't remember  (I've slept since then :) ).

Any tips on searching for this are welcome.

Go to google and put site:arduino.cc before your search terms; e.g. use site:arduino.cc spi ng as the search string, which is what I did to go back and find what I wrote earlier.

-j

Go Up