Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: what is the difference between char and int and why can you not convert them?  (Read 294 times)
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have read many many many books on pointers and chars and integers but it doesn't make sense

If you have actually read many many books on pointers and chars [ which I very much doubt ],  and you STILL can't figure it out,    then perhaps this really isn't for you,   and perhaps you should find another hobby.

Don't feed the trolls.

Johannesburg. UTC+2
Faraday Member
View Profile

I was at a client a couple of years ago, and was introduced to one of their junior programmers, who was busy getting up to speed on their programming languages, techniques, systems etc. One of the senior guys asked her her how she was getting on, and she said all was good, she was ahead of schedule.

So that senior guy said to one of his senior colleagues "Hmmm, maybe it's time to introduce her to pointers, that'll take the smile off her face...."

The Elders of the Internet know who I am.....
Get me on LinkedIn: za.linkedin.com/in/jimbrownza/

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

I was at a client a couple of years ago, and was introduced to one of their junior programmers, who was busy getting up to speed on their programming languages, techniques, systems etc. One of the senior guys asked her her how she was getting on, and she said all was good, she was ahead of schedule.

So that senior guy said to one of his senior colleagues "Hmmm, maybe it's time to introduce her to pointers, that'll take the smile off her face...."
smiley-eek-blue I can't really see how you can be even a junior programmer without a knowledge of pointers. 

One of my personal favourite pointer-based macros.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

View Profile

Lol, that is very discouraging words? Maybe it's not for me and I must get another hobby? How dare u say that? A loser will just stop and get another hobby when things get tough. I'm no loser and I refuse to stop

View Profile

I did not mean to sound rude

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Jump to: