Go Down

Topic: Read this before posting a programming question ... (Read 74 times) previous topic - next topic

Nick Gammon

Morris Dovey

There's always a better way!

WizenedEE

My thought it that it may be helpful to organize it a little better, such that someone completely clueless to programming wouldn't have to wade through "Serial data arrives asynchronously" to get to "Post your code!" Put the important and easily understandable things at the top.

macegr

I don't think the problem is lack of available things to read. It's the fact that a lot of people don't want to read at all. Maybe we need an Arduino picture book...you know, bright colors, shapes, connect the dots....

(channeling a little Grumpy Mike today)
Unique RGB LED Modules and Arduino shields: http://www.macetech.com/store

Coding Badly

(channeling a little Grumpy Mike today)

Indeed.

I don't think the problem is lack of available things to read.

I agree.

It's the fact that a lot of people don't want to read at all.

That is a problem but my impression is that most folks new to Arduino have a difficult time knowing how or where to get the information they need.  They come to the forum because they suffer from 3rd Order Ignorance.

For example, I can distinctly remember when I started that it was a few weeks before I realized there was a "Playground" and a few months before I realized what the "Playground" was.  I assumed, with the title "Playground", it was a place for advanced users to exchange project details so I simply didn't bother to visit.

Maybe we need an Arduino picture book...you know, bright colors, shapes, connect the dots....

XD

Go Up