Go Down

Topic: Simple Volume Control (Read 6389 times) previous topic - next topic

myDuino

Ok thank you. So enought a simply 220V - 5v Dc switching power converter and do i connect the "+" to the Vdd and the "-" to the Vss?

myDuino

Apr 20, 2012, 06:38 pm Last Edit: Apr 20, 2012, 06:40 pm by myDuino Reason: 1
Do I need two independent power supply for this schematic??? The Vdd comes from arduino and the other supply 5v to Vss???
This way does the only? :~

The second supply is AC or DC?
Now the powered from an USB connector.

Grumpy_Mike

If you read the posts I told you how to connect the extra supply. The + to ground and the - to Vss.
It should be 5V DC.

myDuino

Sorry Mike but I don't realy understand. Can you complete my schematic with your suggestion?
I would be really helpful.

Grumpy_Mike

Last chance to understand

myDuino

Hello! I draw my second schematic, but now I can see you draw your own. Thank you.
I have only some question!
Do I need two independetn power supply or can I connect it to the supply what goes to the arduino?
Can't do any crashes on my arduino if I connect 5v to the ground?

Grumpy_Mike

can I connect it to the supply what goes to the arduino

No think about it. If you do you willbe putting a short circuit on your supply. You need a seprate power supply, like I have been telling you all along.

myDuino

Last chance to understand

Now my circuit looks like you draw it. Are you sure I don't make any crash with my other part's to connect to arduino if I connect +5v to the arduino gnd pin???

Grumpy_Mike

You obviously do not believe me so look at this link
http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/powersup.htm
Under the Dual Supplies section.
It shows two supplies in this case 9V with the +ve of one connected to the -ve of the other. This point is zero volts and corresponds to your arduino's ground.
The free -ve output should be connected to the Vss pin, the free +ve end (if you have a 5v supply) should be connected to the 5V on your arduino.

myDuino

I did it exactly what you suggested. Now when I connect the arduino to my pc and pluged the second supply into the ac line:
The sound quality is so bad, always stay on same level, I can't switch on/off with 0 and 255 like before, and my IC is fire hot.

What happens???

AWOL

What happens?

What happens now?

You get hold of a copy of Horowitz and Hill, and you read it.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

myDuino

May 02, 2012, 02:10 pm Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:29 pm by myDuino Reason: 1

What happens?

What happens now?

You get hold of a copy of Horowitz and Hill, and you read it.

Thank you for this fantastic suggestion! I have a great suggestion to you too...

Grumpy_Mike

Wire it up correctly. If it gets hot you have not.

Can you post a picture of your setup?

myDuino

Now I wired back to the prew state but at this time the IC is hot and doesnt work...  =(

CAn I make any harm in my arduino? How can i test it?

And I check again and again but my schematic looks like what you drew.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy