Go Down

Topic: Simple Volume Control (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

myDuino

Ok thank you. So enought a simply 220V - 5v Dc switching power converter and do i connect the "+" to the Vdd and the "-" to the Vss?

myDuino

Apr 20, 2012, 06:38 pm Last Edit: Apr 20, 2012, 06:40 pm by myDuino Reason: 1
Do I need two independent power supply for this schematic??? The Vdd comes from arduino and the other supply 5v to Vss???
This way does the only? :~

The second supply is AC or DC?
Now the powered from an USB connector.

Grumpy_Mike

If you read the posts I told you how to connect the extra supply. The + to ground and the - to Vss.
It should be 5V DC.

myDuino

Sorry Mike but I don't realy understand. Can you complete my schematic with your suggestion?
I would be really helpful.

Grumpy_Mike

Last chance to understand

myDuino

Hello! I draw my second schematic, but now I can see you draw your own. Thank you.
I have only some question!
Do I need two independetn power supply or can I connect it to the supply what goes to the arduino?
Can't do any crashes on my arduino if I connect 5v to the ground?

Grumpy_Mike

can I connect it to the supply what goes to the arduino

No think about it. If you do you willbe putting a short circuit on your supply. You need a seprate power supply, like I have been telling you all along.

myDuino

Last chance to understand

Now my circuit looks like you draw it. Are you sure I don't make any crash with my other part's to connect to arduino if I connect +5v to the arduino gnd pin???

Grumpy_Mike

You obviously do not believe me so look at this link
http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/powersup.htm
Under the Dual Supplies section.
It shows two supplies in this case 9V with the +ve of one connected to the -ve of the other. This point is zero volts and corresponds to your arduino's ground.
The free -ve output should be connected to the Vss pin, the free +ve end (if you have a 5v supply) should be connected to the 5V on your arduino.

myDuino

I did it exactly what you suggested. Now when I connect the arduino to my pc and pluged the second supply into the ac line:
The sound quality is so bad, always stay on same level, I can't switch on/off with 0 and 255 like before, and my IC is fire hot.

What happens???

AWOL

What happens?

What happens now?

You get hold of a copy of Horowitz and Hill, and you read it.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

myDuino

May 02, 2012, 02:10 pm Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:29 pm by myDuino Reason: 1

What happens?

What happens now?

You get hold of a copy of Horowitz and Hill, and you read it.

Thank you for this fantastic suggestion! I have a great suggestion to you too...

Grumpy_Mike

Wire it up correctly. If it gets hot you have not.

Can you post a picture of your setup?

myDuino

Now I wired back to the prew state but at this time the IC is hot and doesnt work...  =(

CAn I make any harm in my arduino? How can i test it?

And I check again and again but my schematic looks like what you drew.

Go Up