Go Down

Topic: Use ethernet shield to send email to a email server in virtual linux px (Read 222 times) previous topic - next topic

majoy

I don't know what category my problem is in, anyway I have posted this in, since I am new in using Arduino.

I have a project that needs to send image or data via email with the use of ethernet shield. I am planning to use my already set-up email server inside the virtual machine. the virtual machine uses a linux operating system and I dont have any clue how to enable the ethernet shield to send email inside the virtual machine's email server.

Please help me with this. I would appreciate your reply and It's great to listen and understand your wide knowledge about this :) thank you.

SurferTim

I have an example sketch in the playground that sends email to an email server using port 25.
http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/Email

If it is your email server, it should work fine. It works on my Linux email server.

majoy

how should I do it? do i have to run with arduino ide inside the virtual machine??? Thank you for your suggestion and clarrification:)

SurferTim

Is your Linux virtual machine email server available to the internet? You should be able to use that code anywhere on the email server's localnet without problems.

If you want to access it from the internet (not localnet), you will need to port forward port 25 from your public IP to the email server's private IP in your router with the public IP.

Go Up