Go Down

Topic: Operate from Blackberry/Android/Iphone-Ipad/Nokia/PC/Mac across the Globe W/O PC (Read 16 times) previous topic - next topic

veseo

Out of the example in the post that I've linked, there is a full UI for the Souliss Home Automation that I've developed for the past releases. This UI is no longer maintained for time reason, bacause the project is focusing the time on others UIs (Android and Java).

If you are interested in reworking the UI, you can use the Souliss A2.1 release and figure out how was worked. Is working but not nice enough :)

Behind the UI there is a full home automation framework that runs over the ATmega.

Regards,
Dario.
Souliss - Open-source Distributed Home Automation with Arduino and Android

http://www.souliss.net
Follow at @soulissteam

@veseotech

Turkeybaster

wow Dario that's very impressive BRAVO!

what did you use to build the android application ?

veseo

Souliss - Open-source Distributed Home Automation with Arduino and Android

http://www.souliss.net
Follow at @soulissteam

@veseotech

shineangelic

what did you use to build the android application ?

We used standard Android SDK on Eclipse. App supports VPN communications, private and/or public address, so that network latency is tuned to connection speed. Much work is still to be done, but the app is working properly so far.
twitter: @shineangelic

edmakhuit

Hi guys:
I see  you have also problems with latency
I was testing very ways to do a Arduino Web Sever
with the library Tinywebserver ist actually very good.....but i would like to build other kind of controls like real time sliders and not only on/of buttons.

My issue is:

Is it posible   to send UDP messages between arduino and the  web based user interface with the Tinywebserver library??

I comunicate the arduino board with Internet in two ways:

The software tool VVVV: is there a node which made all the hard job for you and works great....but
VVVV works just for rapid prototyping but im not sure that  a "vvvv based user interface" could be a" end user" solution.

The other way is a PHP based web server. it works very nice and fast when you use UPD messages..but the problem the server is my PC not the Arduino Board....

anybody is working in the same Problem?
thanks

Go Up