Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Mega 2560 REV3  (Read 925 times)
Tennessee
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have been using an older version of  arduino and so I just picked up a brand new rev 3 and rev 3 motor shield from radioshack.  First issue is it does not have all of the pins it shows in the picture.  The box shows an 8 pin header where the 5v 3.3v and 2 gnd pins are.  The motor shield has 8 pins which is correct but the actual arduino only has 6 pins.  What should I do?

Tucson, AZ
View Profile

I would take the mega back to Radio Shack - it's not a rev 3 board if it's missing the two pins.  I won't voice my opinion as to how the wrong board ended up the box...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 01:11:08 am by kd7eir » Logged

Tennessee
View Profile

Thats what I figured.  Well im definitely going to take it back.  I guess I will order one.

Tennessee
View Profile

I took the board back to radioshack.  They opened up another box and it had the real rev 3 in it.  They swapped the board with the one i purchased yesterday.  Crazy thing is I watched the lady put the old box with the wrong chip right back up on the shelf.  Pathetic...

Tucson, AZ
View Profile

Glad that you got your rev 3 board.  I prefer mail order myself from reputable, established Arduino dealers.  I have also succumbed to the desire to "have it in my hands now" that keeps RadioShack in business though.

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

Crazy thing is I watched the lady put the old box with the wrong chip right back up on the shelf.

Sounds like a plausible explaination to how you ended up with a different rev (or clone).  Someone else "returned" it.

Some people take pride in their jobs.  Some people take pride in the fact that they don't.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: