Go Down

Topic: Power Line Communication and home automation (Read 193 times) previous topic - next topic

SirJoBlack

I'm interested to develop a communication system between Arduinos that uses the electric mains (220/50Hz AC). The idea is to implement a simple protocol to exchange data between micro with the goal to develop a home automation control-system that doesn't involve RF.

I've a knowledge of digital electronic, but this project involves analog and power electronic, then I've a lot of dubt.

I found several projects that involve various kind of IC (not a lot in truth) and some assembled objects managing eth-PLC (Ethernet Power Line Communication). Some of that should be applicable for my idea.

The protocol I would implement is very simple and doesn't require very high speed; although my goal would be to inject data at least at 1 Mb/s, also very low speed (such as standard RS232 speeds) might be interesting if this especially ensures a smaller and simpler hardware.

And so ... I would know if somebody in this forum had experience and/or has ideas and hints about this kind of projects.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy