Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: WebServer example  (Read 956 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

please help explaning what could be the problem here.i'm trying to run the
webserver example in an arduino 1.0 and i keep getting the following error.i'm not familiar with C++ that much i don't get what a virtual data type is. and how i could correct this.

error:
In file included from C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0\libraries\WireFree\Client.cpp:31:
C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0\libraries\WireFree\/Client.h:36: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void Client::write(uint8_t)'
C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:48: error:   overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)'
C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0\libraries\WireFree\/Client.h:38: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void Client::write(const uint8_t*, size_t)'
C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:50: error:   overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(const uint8_t*, size_t)'
In file included from C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0\libraries\WireFree\Client.cpp:32:
C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0\libraries\WireFree\/Server.h:37: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void Server::write(uint8_t)'
C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:48: error:   overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)'
C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0\libraries\WireFree\/Server.h:39: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void Server::write(const uint8_t*, size_t)'
C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:50: error:   overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(const uint8_t*, size_t)'
C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0\libraries\WireFree\Client.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t Client::status()':

Massachusetts, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

Looks like the "WireFree" library has not been updated for Arduino 1.0.  Check for an updated version.

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

Check for an updated version.
Or read the messages, look at the source code, search for one of the 40 bazillion other posts with those messages, and figure out the trivial changes you need to make to update the library yourself.

View Profile

i had to use 23 ide to get our webserver example working ... not sure if this will help you .

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

The library needs very little modification to make it work under 1.0. 2 lines of code, one in the header and one in the source file need to be changed, and 1 line needs to be added to the source file.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: